Saturday, August 28, 2010

Latest Hand Dyed Fabric

Got around to dyeing a piece of fabric last night. It's a 28 count Monaco and I picked out a lovely shade of purple to dye it in. I was torn between that and doing another piece in the Guinness Foam Cream. I really like the way it turned out, although, I need to go purchase some more fabric to dye! :P


Here is my latest creation, Majesty:


082710 Fleur de Luce Hand Dyeds 002



I am torn about what to stitch on it. I have a project in mind, however, the floss tosses could not be more different! I am wanting to stitch Carriage House Samplings 'Quaker Alphabet Sampler' on this fabric, however, I am torn between a monochrome and using up to four different colors. Here are my choices:


082710 Fleur de Luce Hand Dyeds 006



With just the Threadworx 1082 Cabbage:


082710 Fleur de Luce Hand Dyeds 004



With DMC B5200, 742, and Needle Necessities 1442 Witches' Brew. I am also thinking about throwing in some DMC 310 with these colors, however, I would have to stitch some of the motifs in the lighter areas of fabric so that the stitching will show:


082710 Fleur de Luce Hand Dyeds 003


I would LOVE to have folks' opinion on this! P:)


I need to go for now. I have some chores that need attending to before I get to play. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,


C.

2 comments:

  1. I'd go with the Treadworx. It looks classic and in keeping with the tone of the CHS design. I do love the bright colors on your gorgeous fabbie, but they'd look better with a design more Halloweeny (add a lime color, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! The fabric is gorgeous! If it were me, I'd go with the Threadworx Cabbage. Really lovely thread. :-)

    ReplyDelete